Thursday, December 03, 2009

Chris Brown and a Spin Doctor

IMG_8916

Thursday at the Black Sheep Inn it was Chris Brown (Bourbon Tabernacle Choir) joined by Eric Schenkman (Spin Doctors), Sarah McDermott, Anton Fier, and Elijah Abrams (The Abrams Brothers). It was their first time playing together as a band (Open Heart Society) and I'm sure it won't be their last.

The opening act for the night was The Jack Grace Band hailing from Brooklyn. Well technically it was just Jack and Daria less the band. They put on an entertaining opener, very Johnny Cash like, and if I'd timed it I just may have been able to confirm my suspicion that they actually played longer than the headliners. ;) And of course Luther Wright was on hand to join Jack on a couple of tracks.

IMG_8803 Luther Wright joins Jack Grace

By night's end, Open Heart Society had put on a good show. My only complaint was that it could have been 3 or 4 songs longer. Oh and after a taste of Eric jamming out a raunchy rocking version of "Back Door Man" in the rehearsal, I was expecting him to step up to the mic at least once to let go. Oh well, next time maybe...

IMG_8867
IMG_8847-2

No comments: