Sunday, January 22, 2006

Snowblasted

After an afternoon skate (nope not on the canal, it's still closed) the kids and I headed over to the Kanata area for a hike. We found a tiny parking area near an old wooden train bridge and while I strapped on my snowshoes and grabbed my backpack with my camera and GPS the kids started off down the snowblasted trail.

IMG_0646

It was a complete white-out as everything had been blasted yesterday with nice powdery 16.6cm of snow.

IMG_0657

Kids had a great time. Running, sliding, tackling, and dumping snow ladden branches on each other.

IMG_0633

One of the geocaches we were looking for brought us to some old stone ruins. Hard to imagine that somebody once called this home. I would love to know when the building last had people living in it.

IMG_0634
IMG_0652

No comments: