Sunday, November 09, 2008

The Acid Tower, Gataneau Park

The acid tower (Gatineau Park, QC)
Originally taken April 2003

P11 parking (O'Brien): N45 31.619 W75 51.855
Approximate length of hike: 7 km

Ok ok, before I get into it, yes, I forgot my camera at home today. No photos for the blog - other than those of the area taken on previous hikes.

I woke up this morning thinking it was going to be another rain day but alas the sun started shining thus prompting me to double check the day's forecast. Surprise. It had changed (again) and now called for something resembling dry. So I told the kids to pack up and we were soon heading off for lunch and a hike in Gatineau Park. Sweet.

Our plan was very similar to last weekend's: hike, eat lunch, hike some more. And that we did. And as luck would have it, we even managed to score some sunshine during our lunch break.

On the way out we stopped at the Gatineau Park Visitor Centre for the first time ever. Small but very nice. Worth a visit - especially if you have kids.

From there we started our quest for a poutine in Chelsea. The first place we stopped (my usual post x-c ski stop) was closed, second didn't serve french fries of any kind, which left us with the last place in town. The Chelsea Pub. Bingo! We split a large and I washed my share down with a side of Boreale Rousse.

Exercise + food + good times = Mission complete. Cheers to that!

No comments: