Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ausable Chasm, NY

Ausable Chasm

Some pics from our recent trip to Ausable Chasm, NY. We opted for the hike only for a mere $61 and change. Needless to say we took our time on the walk and I snapped more than a few pics. Should we have included the raft (or tube) ride for the full effect? Possibly but as it turns out we weren't dressed for the occasion... and I didn't have another $40 to blow on what is normally a free activity in the Great White North.

Inner Sanctum trail, Ausable Chasm Ausable Chasm
Ausable Chasm Ausable Chasm
Ausable Chasm Ausable Chasm
Ausable Chasm Lowing the raft from the top of the chasm


Testing out the zoom on my 60D.
Ausable Chasm Ausable Chasm

And here are a couple from our campground at Ausable Point State Park.

No Swimming Osprey
Pelecinid Wasp (Pelecinus polyturator) IMG_8122

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I went there with my parents, probably in the late early 50's. and still remember how awesome it was.